Almentia Academy’s Teachers, Academic Advisors, and Account Managers are here to make your online learning experience enjoyable and successful. You can learn at your own pace with interactive online courses. You can watch video lessons by some of America’s elite teachers. You can receive personalized instruction based on individual needs. As long as you have WiFi on your mobile, iPad, laptop, or computer, you will be able to access the portal from wherever you are in the world.
- Teachers offer two main avenues of support while enrolled, Teacher or Academic Advisor.
- Teachers are professional, state licensed, some NBCTeachers, and others hold advanced degrees in their subject area.
- Teachers have access to grades, can live monitor students, evaluate growth, and can quickly gain feedback regarding the student’s progress.
- Teachers are all year round, consisting of 12 months of learning.
- Teachers encourage students to work at a self-pace and strongly advise mastery of content.
- Teachers assess student work and is responsible for the day-to-day academic well being of each student.
- Teachers can access students using their mobile, iPad, laptops, or computers.
- Students are encouraged to take an active role in their learning.
- Students can access grades anytime via the online grade book.
- Students receive video format lessons and complete a series of study questions electronically.
- Students can complete the 180-day school year in as little as 6 months.
- Students are self-paced but may move at a faster pace. However students are strongly advised to master content and not rush through the curriculum.
- Student athletes can travel to and from practices and games with confidence knowing they can access their classes from anywhere in the world, and with a flexible schedule can complete the school year in 10 months or sooner.
- Students can access classes from their mobile, iPad, laptop, or computer.
- Parents are encouraged to take an active role in their child’s education and develop the parent, teacher, and student relationships as in a traditional classroom.
- Parents have instant access to grades and can quickly gain feedback regarding the student’s progress.
- Parents can access the portal to see student progress from their mobile, iPad, laptop, or computer.
Students are assessed after each video lesson with a short Quiz.
- Subject assessments consist of Pretest, Quizzes, Unit Exams, Mid-term Exam, Final Review, and a Cumulative Final Exam.
- Students may be assigned or select additional projects for hands on learning.
- Students have instant access to grades and can quickly gain feedback regarding their progress
The Online Timeline:
- The Online Timeline is a full school year consisting of 12 months.
- A full-time student can complete the 180-day school year in as little as 6 months.
- Most student athletes will apply a flexible schedule and can complete the school year in 10 months or sooner.
The STEM Curriculum
- The Accredited STEM Curriculum is self-paced with completion based on students’ ability, organization, and daily assignments
- Students may move at a faster pace, but are strongly advised to master content and not rush through the curriculum.
- Families can contact their Academic Advisor/Teacher by phone, long distance or international rates apply.
- The best mode of contact will be email with questions about ICT, record keeping, class schedule, grade books, transcripts, etc.