What’s the best part about Online School? 4 day school weeks and Field Trip Fridays. What an exciting way to motivate students to take learning outside the home setting to new heights.
Four day work weeks have gained popularity in the workforce and is shown to increase employee productivity: Just as 4 day school weeks have led to a more rigorous curriculum, improved student performance, and increased time to socialize with outdoor activities.
Join us in implementing a four day school week to incorporate Field Trip Fridays or any other extracurricular activities you may choose. Educational trips can be planned to coordinate with your courses or enhance the social aspect of the home school experience.
All around the world, there are many destinations ideal for field trips. Take a look at Almentia Academy’s partial list of field trips we compiled for our students in these regions of the United States and abroad:
- San Diego Zoo and San Diego Zoo Safari Park. Visit species from every kingdom; giant pandas, polar bears, koalas, and gorillas are among the crowd favorites. Then, hop on board the Africa Tram Safari at the Safari Park for an immersive adventure featuring curious giraffes, grazing buffalos, giant rhinos, and lazy (but ever so regal) lions
- Museum Campus in Chicago Adler Planetarium, the Shedd Aquarium, and the Field Museum, Enter a universe of science and discovery. See ancient fossils, futuristic 3-D theater shows, and a fascinating underwater world.
- Boston’s Freedom Trail, the Old State House, the Old South Meeting House, the Paul Revere House, and USS Constitution Walk the infamous trail and step back in time to Revolution-era America and cruise the Constitution
- A Night at the Museum of New York, Visit an in-depth visual look into human, animal, and plant origins take learning about natural sciences to a new level American Museum of National History the Empire State Building, the Metropolitan Museum of Art, and the Statue of Liberty!
- The Kennedy Space Center, Orlando, the Arabian Nights Dinner Theater and the Everglades Airboat Tour. Journey through outer space, explore treasures from the Apollo Moon Missions, walk through the U.S. Astronaut Hall of Fame, and observe enormous shuttle pads from the 60-foot-tall Launch Complex.
- Philadelphia, See the bell that has symbolized freedom in the United States for over 200 years, Visit battle grounds and Soldiers’ National Cemetery, explore exhibits from roboworld, and learn about the history of transportation. Liberty Bell Center, Gettysburg National Military Park, Carnegie Science Center, and the America on Wheels tour
- Georgia Aquarium – Visit over 100,000 animals, including dolphins, sharks, and otters, as you walk through over 60 exhibits. the LEGOLAND® Discovery Center – Visit this indoor attraction that features models and attractions inspired by the Lego building toys. and the Jarrell Plantation Historic Site – Visit the cotton plantation to see what life was like from the 1800s.
- Charleston, South Carolina Patriot’s Point Naval & Maritime Museum Visit the Charleston harbor to see the USS Yorktown, a World War II aircraft carrier, and many other National Historic Landmark ships.
- Arizona Grand Canyon National Park Visit the South Rim, take a hike, or gaze into the canyon, Out of Africa Wildlife Park Go on a safari to see animals from around the world living in natural habitats. Huhugam Heritage Center Visit and explore the traditions, history and languages that perpetuate the Akimel O’otham and Pee Posh cultures of the Gila River, and provide a better understanding of the ancestral connection to the Huhugam. Hoover Dam in the Black Canyon of the Colorado River between Arizona and Nevada. Maricopa County Fair Farm Tours is an interactive display to give children a hands on experience with life on a farm. Visitors will see live farm animals, tractors and other farm equipment. Included in Farm Tours is Farmer For a Day. Kids can see what it is like to pick corn, milk a cow and gather eggs
- Beijing China Visit and explore the Silk, Jade, Tea factory, Great Wall of China and so much more.
- United Arab Emirates World’s Largest Natural Flower and Butterfly Garden Explore 60 different varieties of flowers preserved by reclaimed waste water. Visit the Kids Zania World Fair in Dubai; Gold Souk of Sharjah; Jebel Hafeet of Al Ain; Burj Khalifa Dubai; the Children’s Center and the Grand Mosque of Abu Dhabi or Visit Oman to take a day long cruise, snorkel, scuba dive, ride the banana boat, or enjoy a beautiful private beach.
- Keystone, Colorado A unique theme based Day Camp at Keystone Science School featuring an in-depth study of scientific concepts and adventure activities. Spend the entire day and meet new friends.